Ablinga Memorial

Ablinga Memorial stands in the highest place of Klaipėda district (148 m above sea-level) and is situated 7 km away the town of Endriejavas. On 27 of July 1972, after a month of creative process, the ensemble of wooden sculptures was erected at the base of Žvaginiai Mound; it was dedicated to 42 Ablinga and Žvaginiai village people who were fusilladed by Nazis on 23 of June 1941. The ensemble of oak sculptures was created by folk artists from all over Lithuania. 2 km southeastwards, there is Ablinga Lourdes, where peaceful village people were fusilladed on 23 of June 1941.

There are no reviews. Be the first one to give a review!