A Lutheran church with vaulted windows was built in 1697. It was a brick, roofless, elongated rectangular church, about 37 m long and 17 m wide, with deep cellars and a separate bell tower. In 1757, when the Russian Cossacks invaded during the Seven Years' War, the priest Jacob Veselis was murdered and the church itself was destroyed. In 1780, the interior of the church was reconstructed by connecting the altar with the pulpit, and in 1821 a new 18-stop organ was installed. In 1885, the church was reconstructed with a 40-metre tower with a clock. At the end of the Second World War, in 1944, when the Soviet army attacked the Klaipėda region, the church tower was damaged and the church set on fire. In March 1957, the walls of the large Evangelical Lutheran church were demolished.
In 1991, the architects Marija and Martynas Purvinas proposed to rebuild the symbolic foundations of the church, and to erect a symbolic monument-altar in the place of the former altar, with the Holy Scripture open in the centre of it.
Pamarių str., Priekulė,
55.553512, 21.319088 (WGS)